A superb skin enhancement treatment, which promotes healthy skin within a matter of weeks. MicroDermabrasion is used to treat a number of conditions:
lines and wrinkles, acne scarring, stretch marks and pigmentation problems.
- Whiteheads and blackheads
- Fine lines and minor wrinkles
- Acne and blemishes
- Enlarged/clogged pores
- Flaking and dry skin
- Excessive oiliness
- Sun induced pigmentation, melasma, age spots
- Scar and callus reduction
- Blending lasered and non-lasered areas after laser resurfacing
- Pre-treatment for cosmetic surgery
How it works
The skin is treated to a deep, mechanical exfoliation, which gently resurfaces the outer layers of the skin, removing damaged cells and stimulating the skin's natural cell regenerating process. The result is healthy, natural, smooth and youthful skin. Using a vacuum, the machine and a specially designed hand piece pass micro-fine crystals across the skin. As the crystals make contact, layers of the stratum corneum are exfoliated, then vacuumed away with the dead skin cells. The process rejuvenates the skin in a number of ways. The combination of skin exfoliation and slight vacuum stimulates fibroblasts to produce new healthy, living cells in the basal layer of the epidermis. This leads to cell turnover and improved blood flow.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of microdermabrasion are substantial.
- Overall rejuvenation of skin health
- Reduction of minor to moderate early ageing fine lines
- Stimulation of fibroblasts for collagen production
- Scar revision
- Hyperpigmentation reduction (in combination with chemical lighteners)
- Enhanced penetration of carefully chosen topicals after treatment
- No potential for adverse chemical irritation
- No anaesthetic requirement
- May be performed after surgery with appropriate adjustment of vacuum and/or crystal flow
- No recovery or down time. Any residual erythema from a moderate peel may be camouflaged immediately
- Lower cost (compared to laser and plastic surgery)
- Hyperpigmentation risk is minimal, as no heat is generated during microdermabrasion
Before and After Pictures
How many treatments are required?
Medical Microdermabrasion should be performed in a progressive, rather than aggressive manner. Optimum results are obtained through a series of treatments, typically three to six treatments, spaced seven to fourteen days apart. There are no side effects other than a glowing, healthy complexion.