Our 12 tips of Christmas!
12 TIPS OF CHRISTMAS
Our top Home and treatment Skin Tips to give you glowing skin this winter!
- Be baby soft- Put on your favourite body moisturiser (we recommend flint+flint Hand hero) on your hands before you go to sleep and wear gloves to deeply nourish and to wake up feeling soft as ever! Don't forget your feet too! Simply do the same and wear socks to prevent cracked soles and be cosy in bed!
- Be Queen Cliopatra- Have a lactic peel this winter! which are gentle enough to have as a prep this party season! Cliopatra used to bathe in milk because of the lactic acid which deeply moisturises and brightens your skin as well as being an exfoliant- the perfect christmas treat!
- Sleep well- Pick the right pj's! The softer, the better. No need for silk- Tightly woven wool is just as good and is best for sensitive and eczema prone skins. Avoid blends or synthetic fibres which may irrate your skin and give you a restless night!
- Healthy fats- Avoid the christmas shop rush and fill your trolley full of monounsaturated fats and omega acids such as fish, nuts, olive oil, flax and avocados. You'll enjoy your proper christmas dinner 100x more and avoid piling on the winter pounds- YAY!
- Rudolph red- To avoid that cold red nose apply just a warm compress when you come back indoors to bring it back to normal temperature and with tissues blot!-dont rub. It will leave your nose raw and sore! Apply flint+flint lip hero around sore areas at night while you sleep or even throughout the day to reduce sensitivity
- Scary hair- Don't forget about your hair! the cold weather and warm showers strip hair of its mositure. Avoid blow drying on a high setting and brushing when wet as this is when hair is most delicate. EXTRA TIP apply a few drops of olive oil to ends of hair and comb through after showering to nourish and stop flyaway's!
- Chapped lips- Be sure to keep a flint+flint lip hero handy in your handbag as its an essential in winter! To exfoliate take a clean a toothbrush and gently rub, and then slather on your balm. (boys steal your sisters/girlfriend/wife/friend's) Be mistltoe ready!
- Brittle nails- Winter also unfortuately comes with weaker nails! avoid those tears/breaks this year and apply some oil around your cuticles and apply a clear nail polish as can also protect nails from the environment! (boys take note too)
- Exercise- kudos to those who enjoy outdoors in winter! But protect skin by applying a thick cream (flint+flint 3x mositursier) and high SPF (flint+flint SPF primer) as the only thing worse then wind burn, is sunburn in winter! UVA (the ageing rays) are always present even when the sun doesnt shine.
- Dress for success- As silly as it sounds to remind you, layer up! Get those wolly socks/hats/gloves/scarves on and avoid any tight clothing or jewellery that constrict's blood flow!
- Dry face-nooooo!. Annoying that the most senstive skin is the one exposed most to the cold! Give your face some tlc; avoid products with alcohol in and switch to a milder face wash (flint+flint everyday wash) and thicker mosituriser (flint+flint 3x moisturiser)
- Mix+Match- Play around with masks! Especially in english weather, we never know what we are going to get whether it be cold,warm,rain or even snow! Use masks once a week (flint+flint enzyme mask) to help improve texture in as little as 10 minutes. With all these aspects attacking your skin..give it some lovin'.
We Hope this helps your skin surviving this winter and from all of us here at Skin Health Spa have a Very Merry christmas and Happy New Year!