Your 2018 Skin care guide
Your 2018 Skincare Guide
The party season is well and truly over and our skin is showing signs that it's in dire need of a Detox! Make it a New Year resolution to transform your skin in 2018.
Here are our tips to get you started!
• Make sure to cleanse your face morning and night (psst... double cleanse at night to ensure all daily dirt, grime and makeup is removed)
• Always make sure you protect your face by wearing a facial SPF, even when the sun isn't shining, as those ageing UV rays still can get through!
• Be sure to moisturise morning and night and drink plenty of water. Hydrate from the inside and out, simple.
• Exfoliate weekly to get rid of dead skin cells and reveal a more radiant you. If you have oily skin you can exfoliate twice a week but remember scrubbing hard is not actually as effective as longer and softer (You can also use acid cleansers to gently exfoliate e.g Glycolic acid).
• A face mask is a nice nourishing weekly treat. Just make sure to choose one for your skin type and concerns...and then relax.
• Microdermabrasion - This treatment exfoliates and resurfaces skin and is the most popular skin care treatment in the UK for skin rejuvenation of all ages. Suitable for all skin types, Microdermabrasion works on improving skin texture for a healthier complexion without the use of chemicals or Lasers. Removing your skins outermost layers of dead cells stimulates collagen production and promotes the growth of healthy new cells as well as clearing the way for nutrients and minerals in our skincare products to penetrate deeper into the skin.
• Dermaplaning - Buff away the dead skin cells that make complexions look dull and contribute to clogged pores and spots. Dermaplaning clears the way so skin peels, facials, skin products and serums can get down into the skin where they need to be rather than sitting on the skin's surface. It removes peach fuzz / vellus hair and creates clear channels into the skin as well as a soft, smooth surface for makeup to glide on flawlessly. As we age, our cell turnover decreases and this affects our skin texture and tone, Dermaplaning gently buffs the top layer of dead skin cells away helps to reveal a brighter and smoother complexion.
• Skin Peels- Our pharmaceutical grade skin peels promote fresh, healthy skin by gently resurfacing the outer layers of the skin, removing built-up congestion and imperfections. Whether its pigmentation, acne or breakouts, lines and wrinkles, dehydration, enlarged pores, or specific skin complaints like Melasma we have a chemical peel that can help with your concern.
• Oxygen Facial- To give an H20 Glow! As we age, the oxygen levels in our skin natural deplete, leaving it with less elasticity and visible lines and wrinkles. As well as flushing out harmful bacteria that live within our pores, using Oxygen Therapy with advanced serums can help to restructure your skin visibly plumping out fine lines. With regular treatments, the skin increases its collagen and elastin formation, giving you a naturally firmer and clearer appearance. Building on this, the gentle vacuum action gives the facial muscles a mini workout each time, providing an immediate lifting effect and an on-going improvement in tone.
Every 6 weeks
• Laser Hair Removal- Usually requires 6 sessions every 6 weeks Imagine never having to worry about the tedious and time-consuming task of waxing and shaving again! The conquest of hair-freedom can be tiresome, it not only occupies too much of our daily routine but can also affect our confidence and self-esteem. Laser hair removal is an effective long-term solution for body and facial hair that can also help with excess hormonal hair growth from PCOS and the menopause.Laser hair removal works by using a laser light, which generates heat to damage or destroys the hair follicles. The process is painless and very effective and takes less than an hour per visit. Laser is used across the world by both men and women and is the most permanent form of hair removal available. Our Cynosure Elite+™ Lasers have adjustable wavelengths, making it safe to use Laser Hair Removal on darker skin tones as well as being able to target lighter hair colours.
• Microneedling- Micro-needling is an innovative treatment providing a solution to fine lines, wrinkles, scars and acne scars as well as improvement to the overall condition skin, tone and texture. It scientifically reduces fine lines, plumps facial volume and fades scarring using a method of introducing controlled trauma to the skin triggering the release of growth factors, an increase in collagen production and elasticity in the skin.
• COMCIT Facial- COMCIT™ is: Cryo-Oxygen Micro-channelling Collagen Induction Therapy. The very latest in skincare technology, COMCIT ™ has 4 simultaneous modes of action is designed to stimulate collagen production. This skin rejuvenation offers instant visible results without surgery and results get better as the collagen is produced after 4-14 days.COMCIT™ offers the simultaneous delivery of Cryo-Oxygen whilst a unique Micro-channelling Roller creates thousands of microscopic channels in the dermal-epidermal junction. This allows the topical infusion of powerful skin rejuvenation ingredients to be driven into the skin alongside cold oxygen. This is the most effective skin rejuvenation system yet as we are effectively getting down to the layers where skin health begins. These are the layers we need to reach to promote new collagen growth. Also referred to as the ‘Instagram facial’ due to the skin having a perfect filter finish after treatment. Skin becomes fresher, glowing and tauter.
Every 3 months
• Anti Wrinkle Injections- Anti-Wrinkle injections (also known as BOTOX®) is a simple, safe and effective way to improve fine lines and deep wrinkles in the upper part of the face. They work to relax facial muscles making lines and wrinkles, such as crow's feet and frown lines, less obvious. This procedure can have remarkable results in improving the wrinkles resulting from hyperactive facial muscles that occur our skin loses its elasticity with age. It is used to treat frown lines between the eyebrows, horizontal forehead lines and ‘crows feet’ around the eyes. Muscle relaxing injections using Botox, which can be completely tailored to your face, offer you an effective and far less invasive treatment choice to smooth away lines and wrinkles. The result is a softer, more relaxed and healthier appearance. The effect usually lasts around four months and can be repeated when needed. Most patients require less frequent treatments over time as the muscles ‘retrain’ and weaken from disuse. (Did you know Botox can also be used for excessive sweating, gummy smiles and migraines!)
• Fat Freezing Cryolipolysis- The safe alternative to Lipo, Cristal® Cryolipolysis is a non-invasive treatment designed to select and eliminate fat cells through controlled cooling, without causing damage to the surrounding tissues. It uses technology based on the fact that fat cells are very sensitive to cold temperatures. At a certain temperature, fat cells begin to die and the body gradually and naturally eliminates them. After six-eight weeks, you will observe a significant and measurable reduction in fat mass. Destroying the fat cells is a long-term solution provided you retain a stable weight, eat healthily and continue exercise as usual. Cryolipolysis leads to a permanent reduction of fatty tissue; once removed, fat cells will not reappear as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Every 9-12 months
• Dermal Fillers- Restore, enhance and define your features with Juvéderm® Dermal Fillers. Dermal fillers are used to plump lines and wrinkles around the face for a more youthful or healthy appearance. Immediate results are natural and reveal smoother plumper skin. Juvéderm® fillers are temporary hyaluronic acid facial fillers, which are smooth and long-lasting. Young skin is constantly moisturised from within by Hyaluronic Acid, a protein found between the cells of all living organisms and is a component of Collagen. Hyaluronic acid absorbs moisture and keeps your skin well hydrated for a youthful look. Hyaluronic Acid levels naturally decrease as we age resulting in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Some lines become wrinkles due to outside factors like sun exposure, diet and years of facial muscle movement. Fat loss can create sagging and turn lines into facial folds, too. Fillers can be used to fill out facial lines, wrinkles and creases as well as increased volume and definition of the lips and cheeks. Innovative Juvéderm® Vycross® fillers enable your practitioner to better manipulate the product for very natural facial shaping. They also have a smoother consistency and can last longer than traditional HA fillers.
There you have it!
Treatments to keep you going throughout the year whatever your Skin type and concern! Here's to a happy 2018!
Call: 0800 2425 145
Written by Stephanie